Middlebury Bus Accident Attorneys
Recovering Millions for Injured Victims and Their Families in Connecticut
While bus accidents are typically not as common as some other kinds of accidents, they are usually extremely severe when they occur because of the vehicle’s large size and inability to properly brake in time. As a result, victims who have suffered tremendous injuries and emotional, mental, and physical trauma usually have to pay costly medical bills, as well as makeup for long periods of lost income. You should not have to face these debilitating consequences on your own. Instead, rely on our devoted bus accident attorneys in Middlebury to make a powerful case on your behalf.
Causes of Devastating Bus Accidents
Because buses are a different kind of automobile than the average car, the causes of accidents involving these large vehicles tend to vary from those involving smaller motorized vehicles. Even if the bus driver is paying attention to the traffic signals and properly utilizing safe driving practices, many things could go wrong, resulting in a devastating accident that injures (or even kills) multiple victims. Since these cases can quickly become very complex, it is crucial to have dedicated, knowledgeable lawyers to support you in making your claim.
Some common reasons why a bus accident in Connecticut might occur include:
- Exhaustion on the part of the bus driver from operating the vehicle for multiple hours
- Losing control of the bus on account of severe conditions of weather
- Distractions on the road or intersections
- Parts of the bus that are defective or malfunctioning
- Distractions coming from within the bus from the passengers
Severe Bus Accident Injuries
Being involved in an automobile accident is a traumatic incident. However, if you have been a victim of a bus accident, you are much more likely to face terrible injuries since these massive vehicles are not able to brake as quickly when a sudden obstacle appears or when something in the bus malfunctions. Passengers on a bus can include vulnerable children and the elderly, but regardless of the riders’ age, everyone may pay a horrific price if the bus is involved in a collision.
In such scenarios, we have witnessed victims suffering from multiple injuries such as broken or fractured bones, damaged internal organs, lacerations and abrasions, spinal cord lesions, and brain damage. Our attorneys are ready to demonstrate how the pain and suffering you have experienced are so extensive that it is crucial for you to receive financial recompense from the negligent party.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Bus Accident Claim?
Bus accidents can lead to a myriad of damages, and pursuing a claim is crucial to obtaining rightful compensation. Damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: We can work diligently to ensure that victims obtain compensation for current and future medical expenses, covering hospital bills, surgeries, rehabilitation, and any ongoing healthcare needs.
- Lost Wages and Income: Serious injuries sustained in a bus accident can result in time away from work, leading to lost wages. We can meticulously calculate and pursue compensation for lost income, ensuring that the financial impact of the accident is accounted for.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims may experience pain, trauma, and a diminished quality of life. We are committed to advocating for compensation for pain and suffering, recognizing the intangible hardships that victims endure.
- Property Damage: Bus accidents often result in damage to personal property, such as vehicles. Griffin Injury Law, LLC, will work to recover the costs connected with repairing or replacing damaged property, alleviating the financial strain on victims.
- Wrongful Death: Tragically, some bus accidents result in fatalities. In such heartbreaking cases, we provide compassionate support to the families of the deceased, pursuing a wrongful death lawsuit to secure compensation for funeral costs, loss of companionship, and other damages.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Bus Accident Claims in Connecticut?
Understanding the timeframe within which to file a bus accident claim is crucial for securing compensation. In Connecticut, the statute of limitations for bus accident claims is typically two years from the initial date of the incident. However, it is essential to consult with our Middlebury bus accident attorneys at Griffin Injury Law, LLC, as certain factors may affect the deadline for filing a claim.
Acting promptly is crucial, as exceeding the statute of limitations may result in the forfeiture of the right to seek compensation. We can help guide our clients through the legal process efficiently, ensuring that all paperwork is filed within the appropriate timeframe.
Contact us now at (860) 390-5767, and our Middlebury bus accident attorneys at Griffin Injury Law, LLC can set you up with a free consultation.
“You were literally a shoulder for me to cry on and an ear to listen to my grievances on more occasions than I can count. Thank you for treating me more like family than a client and for being a friend in addition to a kick butt attorney!”- Lauren B.
“Mark was very concerned about my injuries and did an outstanding job handling my case. I would recommend them, Mark goes for the gold.”- Christina R.