Middlebury Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Fighting For Motorcycle Accident Victims in Connecticut
One of the difficulties of riding a motorcycle in Connecticut is that no matter how much care you take to ride responsibly and follow all the traffic laws, it is impossible to predict or control how other motorists on the road will behave. The drivers of trucks and cars should take more precautions since they have such large blind spots, but they often seem to forget about such duty of care when it comes to motorcycle riders.
The terrible thing is that when a crash occurs on account of a vehicular operator’s negligence, the motorcycle rider almost always suffers the most injuries on account of the sheer size of a truck or car in comparison to the motorcycle. The combined weight and velocity of these large automobiles usually cause devastating damage and suffering to the cyclist, if not death. Let our Middlebury motorcycle accident lawyers here at Griffin Injury Law, LLC ensure that your voice is heard.
What are the Challenges With Motorcycle Accident Claims?
It is, unfortunately, often more difficult to obtain fair compensation after being involved in an accident as a motorcyclist. One reason for this is that there is still a lot of stereotypical bias against bikers, with juries making negative assumptions based on characters from television shows and media hype. In reality, bikers are far more cautious and alert because they are keenly aware of the great risks they could suffer if a car were to hit them.
Our lawyers seek to ensure that insurance companies are not allowed to make motorcyclists the unfortunate scapegoats. The primary reason why insurance companies will try to blame bikers rather than automobile drivers is that they often receive greater injuries, and thus require more financial support. Insurance companies will do whatever it takes to pay the lowest amount of monetary aid after a tragic accident unless personal injury lawyers are vigorously investigating the truth.
What are Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents?
If you’re in a motorcycle accident, you have a high chance of suffering from a handful of injuries. You could experience the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Road rash
- Broken or fractured bones
- Back/spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
What to Do If You Have Been Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
Following a traumatic motorcycle accident, you should first call 911 to get emergency aid and transport. Even if you initially feel fine, severe side effects sometimes take a bit of time before they suddenly strike, and you could face painful whiplash or even internal bleeding hours after the incident.
Getting medical assistance is important to check that no hidden health issues are present. Once you have been cleared of major emergency needs, it is important to quickly begin gathering evidence of your right to receive recompense. Some examples of ways our lawyers could utilize evidence in your case include:
- Photos of the damage to the vehicles
- Pictures of vehicle position and skid marks
- Images of environmental factors, the road’s condition, and lighting
- Evidence of your injuries, internal and external
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Possible damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Motorcycle accidents often lead to very severe injuries because of the lack of protective barriers that cars provide. Medical expenses can accumulate rapidly, covering immediate emergency care, ongoing treatment, surgeries, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages and Income: Recovering from a motorcycle accident may require significant time away from work. During this period, lost wages can strain you and your family financially.
- Pain and Suffering: The emotional and physical pain resulting from a motorcycle accident can be immeasurable. Compensation for pain and suffering is intended to handle the intangible losses experienced by victims.
- Property Damage: Motorcycle accidents often lead to substantial damage to your bike and other personal property. Seeking compensation for property damage is a crucial aspect of your claim, and our dedicated legal team works diligently to ensure you acquire the funds necessary for repairs or replacement of your motorcycle and any other damaged belongings.
- Wrongful Death: Tragically, some motorcycle accidents result in the loss of a loved one. If you've lost a family member due to a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to compensation for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and the emotional toll.
“You were literally a shoulder for me to cry on and an ear to listen to my grievances on more occasions than I can count. Thank you for treating me more like family than a client and for being a friend in addition to a kick butt attorney!”- Lauren B.
“Mark was very concerned about my injuries and did an outstanding job handling my case. I would recommend them, Mark goes for the gold.”- Christina R.