Middlebury Car Accident Lawyer
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Recovered Millions for Our Clients serving Middlebury, CT
If you have been injured in a car accident, hiring a personal injury lawyer immediately is the surest way to receive maximum compensation for your losses. When you work with Griffin Injury Law, LLC, our Middlebury car accident lawyers can thoroughly investigate your auto accident, accurately calculate your losses, negotiate with your insurance company, and fight for a fair and full settlement.
Call (860) 390-5767 or contact us online to learn how our Middlebury car accident lawyers can help.
What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
When you are involved in a car accident, the consequences can be long-lasting and devastating. In addition to physical injuries, victims of car accidents may be left with mounting medical bills and lost wages from missing work due to their injuries. Fortunately, experienced car accident attorneys like those at Griffin Injury Law, LLC understand the complexities of these cases and are here to help victims get the compensation they deserve.
Auto accident lawyers can help you:
- Investigate the car accident to determine fault
- Calculate losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages
- Negotiate with insurance companies on behalf of the injured party
- Draft and file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against liable parties
- Represent their clients in court if necessary
- Educate victims on their rights and responsibilities following an auto accident
- Provide support and guidance throughout the entire process
Our knowledgeable auto accident lawyers have decades of combined experience representing clients who have been injured due to someone else's negligence or recklessness behind the wheel. We will fight tirelessly on your behalf so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries while we handle all aspects related to your case.
Is Connecticut A No Fault State?
When it comes to car accident liability, Connecticut is an at-fault state. This means that the driver responsible for causing an accident is the one held responsible for paying out damages to the injured parties. Damages are usually paid through an insurance carrier and are therefore not directly paid by the responsible party.
This system is directly opposite a no-fault liability system which some states follow. In a no-fault system all parties file a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim with their own insurance company regardless of who is at fault for causing an accident. In these states, it is harder to file a personal injury claim against a negligent driver. Since CT is an at-fault state injury victims have more options to file an injury claim.
Modified Comparative Negligence Rule
If you are involved in a car accident in Middlebury, CT, you must prove that the other party is liable for your accident in order to claim damages. Modified comparative negligence laws acknowledge that both parties may share some portion of the blame. If the court finds that you are 50% at fault for the accident, and your total losses are calculated to be $100,000, you would receive $50,000.
Can I File A Car Accident Claim After Insurance Pays?
Most insurance companies include in settlements that no further compensation will be paid out after the initial settlement amount, so once you sign an agreement with an insurance company it’s usually difficult to recover anything else. This is true even if you discover your injuries are more severe than you thought initially. If you have been offered a settlement, or if you have signed one already, call Griffin Injury Law, LLC to discuss your case with our experienced lawyers serving Middlebury today.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover?
If you have been the unfortunate victim of a vehicle crash, there is no amount of money that can fully compensate for the pain and suffering you have undergone. However, you are likely entitled to a substantial financial award that can help you cover the cost of medical bills, physical therapy, and rehabilitation expenses. Compensation may also be available for other losses, including lost wages, diminished earning capacity, and property damage.
The amount of compensation you can recover in your accident claim depends on:
- The severity of your injuries
- Accident-related medical bills
- Loss of income and earning capacity
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Vehicle damage
- How much each party was at fault
- The policy limit of insurance companies
Each person’s situation is different, and the specific amount of compensation they may be entitled to varies significantly. It is important to consult with an experienced team of attorneys to receive the most accurate estimate of the value of your claim. Failure to appropriately calculate the compensation you deserve can result in receiving a settlement that is less than you are owed.
Common Car Accident Injuries in CT
In Middlebury, CT, car accidents often lead to serious and even catastrophic injuries for one or more parties involved. The type and extent of the injuries depend on several factors, including the direction of the crash impact, how fast the vehicles were travelling, and whether the occupants were wearing seat belts.
Common injuries that result from auto collisions include:
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Torn ligaments
- Spinal cord damage
- Herniated discs
- Skin burns
- Organ injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Lost wages
Understanding the Importance of Timely Legal Action
After being involved in a car accident, it is crucial to take immediate action to protect your rights and ensure fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Failing to act promptly may result in missed opportunities to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and file necessary legal documents.
Here are a few reasons why timely legal action is essential:
- Preservation of evidence: Evidence such as accident reports, medical records, and witness statements can be crucial in proving liability and establishing the extent of your injuries. Acting promptly allows your car accident lawyer to gather and preserve this evidence before it becomes lost or compromised.
- Statute of limitations: In Connecticut, there is a specific time limit, known as the statute of limitations, within which you must file a car accident claim. Failing to file within this time frame can result in the loss of your right to seek compensation. Consulting with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible ensures that you meet all necessary deadlines.
- Negotiations with insurance companies: Insurance companies often try to minimize their liability and offer low settlements to accident victims. Having a skilled car accident lawyer by your side from the beginning allows for effective negotiations and ensures that you do not settle for less than you deserve.
- Peace of mind: Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming and stressful. By taking timely legal action, you can focus on your recovery while knowing that your case is in capable hands.
At Griffin Injury Law, LLC, our Middlebury car accident lawyers understand the importance of acting swiftly after a car accident. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Why You Need an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
After a car accident, it is crucial to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side to protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Our Middlebury car accident lawyers have years of experience handling complex car accident cases and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
Here are some reasons why you need an experienced car accident lawyer:
- Knowledge of the law: Car accident laws can be complex and vary from state to state. Our lawyers have a deep understanding of Connecticut car accident laws and can navigate through the legal process on your behalf.
- Investigation and evidence gathering: Our lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation of your car accident, gathering evidence such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records. This evidence is crucial in building a strong case and proving liability.
- Negotiation with insurance companies: Insurance companies often try to minimize payouts or deny claims altogether. Our lawyers have experience negotiating with insurance companies and will fight to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Representation in court: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our lawyers are prepared to take your case to court. We will aggressively advocate for your rights and present a compelling case to a jury if necessary.
- Peace of mind: Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming. By hiring an experienced car accident lawyer, you can focus on your recovery while knowing that your legal rights are being protected.
Contact our Middlebury car accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help you navigate the legal process and recover the compensation you deserve.
Get started on your personal injury case today. Our firm in Middlebury, CT offers free consultations.
“You were literally a shoulder for me to cry on and an ear to listen to my grievances on more occasions than I can count. Thank you for treating me more like family than a client and for being a friend in addition to a kick butt attorney!”- Lauren B.
“Mark was very concerned about my injuries and did an outstanding job handling my case. I would recommend them, Mark goes for the gold.”- Christina R.